Monday 1 September 2014

13.1 wk5 Back on track

A better week mainly in the second half. I missed my Sunday long run slot with a daytrip to visit family, and Monday was a bank holiday so my usual Buggy Babes class wasn't running. Tuesday went to plan, that was a rest day! Wednesday involved a random digestive glitch, so not a great idea to expend lots of energy.

I caught up on the long run when the boys were in nursery on Thursday with the 75 min run. I adapted and walked some parts as my energy was low and I could feel the lack of it in my muscles as I hadn't eaten much in 24 hours. I just felt positive doing something on the plan.  I also went exploring, and went down phase 2 of the Greenway for the first time. Its the conversion of a disused railway to a multi use track. This section opened at the start of the year, but is awkward to link to. It's very pleasant for running with views into fields on both sides,  and a level, gritty surface. I achieved my objective of keeping moving for 75 mins, and managed to restore my appetite.

Friday was a nocturnal easy run. I went for 30 mins because of the previous long run, and an intention of going to circuits in the morning. Circuits was a success after a 6  week absence. Its legacy was felt mainly around my shoulders. Not good for painting the downstairs toilet, but of negligible inconvenience to Sunday's long run.

When waiting for paint to dry, you can do much worse than a 60 minure run! I revisited the Greenway and ran its entirety. Access at the top end is via a busy country road that at least has good visibility. At the lower end there's a section along a main road which at least has a pavement. The slow traffic lights provide a crafty recovery from the steep hill! It was another good run, and pleasantly mild.

I'm reaching a turning point this week. The holidays are drawing to a close, so I lose free time just as the runs are getting longer. It's going to take a bit more determination to keep up with the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment