Sunday 19 October 2014

13.1 wk12 Not What You Want

The final week. In good news, it was supposed to be a quiet one with tapering down. In bad news, my priority of the week ended up being to bond with my bed.

My recovery from the long run that I struggled with seemed a bit slow. Monday had foul weather which convinced me to continue lingering around my bedroom, rather than going to buggy babes. My muscles were sore, but I felt devoid of drive. Tuesday wasn't vastly better. With hindsight,  it looks like I was brewing to be ill. Wednesday I ended up ill off work. Thursday and Friday resumed basic function, but no spare energy to use on training. Husband was away so running was out, but my plan had involved the exercise bike.

Saturday was a successful  implementation of a 15 min run and stretch. I ran round the park while the boys waved on from the playground.  My  3 year old and I had an argument about who was going to beat the other.

Not the ideal way to taper down, but by Saturday night, symptoms seemed to have calmed. I was dropped off down at my brother's, ready for the main event...


No comments:

Post a Comment